Known issues and troubleshooting

Return to top
Have more questions? Submit a request

8 Comments

  • Ari Hietamäki

    My connection work fine and will sync to zendesk if object is updated. How initial bulk sync can be done?

    2
  • Brett - Community Manager
    Zendesk Community Team

    Hey Ari,

    There's no bulk sync in the new integration, however, you may want to take a look at the following article on How to Sync Many Accounts/Contact/Leads At Once

    I hope this helps!

    0
  • Lena Gainulina

    Hi, I have two questions concerning ticket sync configuration.

    1. How can I check, what Salesforce case fields are mandatory?
    2. What if there are no corresponding Zendesk fields that match them?
    0
  • Dwight Bussman

    HeyO Lena,

    As I understand it, fields can be marked as required in a few different ways within Salesforce, so question 1 should really be directed to your Salesforce System Administrator who'd be more familiar with field-requirements for your specific workflow.

    As for question 2, our article on Setting up Ticket Sync covers this point:
    "You must map all required Salesforce Case fields. If a required field is not mapped, the sync will fail."

    Much as that sounds a bit harsh, this is how field requirements work within the Salesforce API, so please be sure that you've got those required fields covered. If you're having trouble getting cases to sync, our Support team would be happy to help troubleshoot what might be causing this.

    Thanks!

    1
  • Jason Fouchier

    Hey,

         My integration was working fine until yesterday all the fields were mapped and syncing as they should. At some point yesterday the integration "broke", now it says that all the Salesforce fields I was mapped to are no longer accessible, or have been deleted. The confusing part for me is that I am the System Admin  for both Zendesk and Salesforce and there has been no access changes on my production version of Salesforce. Furthermore, when I look for the fields in Salesforce, they are still there exactly how they were before this issue. I did try changing the accessibility of some of the fields without any luck. I then tried disconnecting and reconnecting to Salesforce using the new managed package, but that didn't solve my issue either. Any ideas or paths I should head down would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Thanks,

         Jason Fouchier 

    0
  • Anika Rani
    Zendesk Product Manager

    Jason Fouchier I can confirm that this was a bug which caused as a result of another change we made. We are currently fixing the issue and it should be released in a few hours. I will post an update here when done.

    Sincere apologies for the inconvenience it has caused you and thanks for posting your feedback here.  

    0
  • Anika Rani
    Zendesk Product Manager

    Jason Fouchier bug has been resolved. Please review your field mappings and let us know if theres any problems. 

    0
  • Jason Fouchier

    Hey Anika,

     

         Thanks for the update, I have checked all my mappings and they all look like they are working as intended.

     

     

    Thanks,

         Jason

    0

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk