My company has changed names and I want to update my Zendesk subdomain. What are the steps to change my subdomain?
Account owners can change the subdomain of the account.
To rename the subdomain
- Click the Admin icon ( ), then select Settings > Account.
- On the Account page, click the Branding tab.
- Click Change your subdomain.
- Enter your new subdomain into the dialog box as shown below, and then confirm your changes by clicking the Rename Subdomain button. You'll need to refresh your browser to view the change.
If you have multiple brands
- Click the Admin icon ( ), then select Manage > Brands.
- Click the brand you want to rename
- Enter your new name into the subdomain section
- Click Save changes.
Additionally, you can configure host mapping in your account if you have the Team plan or higher. Host mapping allows you to change the external-facing URL of Help Center. We suggest you should configure host mapping on your account, educate your customers of the new URL, and then change your subdomain in order to have the least impact on your customers.
For more information, see Host mapping - Changing the URL of your Help Center.