How do I automatically alert my team about tickets nearing an SLA breach?
Begin by creating and applying SLA policies to tickets in your account. For general instructions for creating SLAs, see the article: Defining and using SLA policies.
To automatically alert a team about an SLA that is about to breach, create an automation to notify the team by email.
To create the automation
- Create a new automation.
- Under Meets all of the following conditions, select:
- Ticket: hours until next SLA breach | Less than | 2
- The Ticket: Status | Less than | Solved condition makes sure the automation saves successfully. You can also use conditions for Type, Group, Assignee, or Requester to satisfy this requirement.
- The Ticket: Tags condition and action are used to ensure the automation doesn't fire more than once. Learn more about these concepts in this article: About automations and how they work.
- Under Perform these actions, notify an individual user, a group of users, or even an external target or integration.