I've enabled my microphone but I keep getting the error message below in Talk: Your browser has suspended your audio. Click here to re-enable.
Each browser has different settings to allow microphone access, find yours below.
Set both your microphone and sound to Allow instead of Allow (default).
- Click the secure connection icon on the left of the URL. Select Site settings.
- Scroll down to Sound and change from Automatic (default) to Allow.
For more information, see this article from Google Chrome Help: Use your camera & microphone.
- Go to Safari > Preferences... > Websites.
- Under Microphone, change the permissions for your subdomain to Allow.
For more information, see this article from Safari User Guide: Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac.
In Firefox, access to your microphone is managed when you receive a call.
- A confirmation pop-up displays asking if you want to share your device’s microphone with your subdomain.
- If you want Firefox to remember your selection in the future, select Remember this decision.
- Click Allow.
You can also add an exception for your subdomain to allow sounds to automatically be played. If Firefox blocks the incoming call sound, you risk missing calls. For detailed instructions on that, see this article from the Firefox help center: Allow or block media autoplay in Firefox.
For more information, see the article: Preparing to use Zendesk Talk.