How can I retrieve the chat ID from the History tab?
The chat ID is a unique chat session identifier used to find a specific chat session. This is especially useful in separating chats assisted by multiple agents.
To obtain the chat ID from the History tab
- Export the associated chat session using the steps in the article: Browsing past chats in History.
- On the exported chat transcript, click View Link button.
- The chat ID is included as the last part of the URL as in the image below.
Alternatively, extract chat details in History, then open the file using the links below:
- For Legacy Zendesk Chat accounts:
- For Zendesk Chat accounts:
You can then copy the chat ID from a table resembling the image below.