How can I hide or remove the subject and description fields on the submit a request form in the help center?
It's possible to hide the subject from your request form, but it's not possible to natively hide the description field.
To hide the subject field from the request form
- Go to Admin Center > Objects and rules > Tickets > Fields.
- Open the Subject field.
- Under Permissions, select Customers can view.
- Select Save.
Customers won't see the subject field in the request form, but the field is visible in the customer portal.
- In Guide, click the Customize design icon () in the sidebar.
- From the theme you want to work with, click Customize.
- Click Edit code and add the example code below in the script.js template.
$('.form-field.string.optional.request_subject').hide();// Hide subject
$('.form-field.string.required.request_subject').hide(); // Hide subject
$('.form-field.request_description').hide(); // Hide description
$('#request_subject').val('test subject'); // Autofill subject
$('#request_description').val('test description'); // Autofill description
- Select Publish.
The created tickets will have the subject and description fields auto-populated as in the example below.