How is the Related articles list in the Help Center populated? Can I influence what articles are returned?
You cannot influence what articles are displayed in the Related articles list.
Articles in this list are returned based on a relevancy score between articles. This score is calculated via the method below:
- For each user, we keep a list of their recently viewed articles.
- When a user visits an article, we record the most recently viewed article as being related to the currently viewed article.
- Over time, each article will be related to a number of other articles. The more times an article is marked as related to another article, the higher the related score is. The score and therefore the results will get better over time.
- User visits Article A.
- From Article A, the user visits Article B.
- Article A's relevant score in relation to Article B is increased.
- Another user visits Article B and Article A is suggested as a related article.
For more information, see our developer documentation: Recent articles helper.