How do I send an email in Zendesk? Are emails sent as soon as I submit a ticket?
Business rules generate all email notifications within your account. Triggers are a type of business rule that performs an action based on certain conditions. If you have no active triggers, then no notifications are generated. By default, Zendesk includes triggers to send notifications to your customers for the below events.
- When their new request is received.
- When an agent submits a public comment.
The default triggers also notify agents of the below events.
- When a new request is received.
- When the agent is assigned a ticket.
- When a request is assigned to an agent's group.
- When an end-user submits a comment to an assigned ticket.
Automations can also notify your customers, but apart from the Request customer satisfaction rating (system automation), no other default automation sends emails to your customers.