Side Conversations in Zendesk Explore
Zendesk Explore SHOULD contain data related to Side conversations. Specifically, we would like to know the number of side conversations (created and/or replied to) on an agent level. Agents take the time out of their day to email via side conversations in order to resolve their ticket. It is unfair to not include this work in calculating the total productivity of an agent throughout the day.
I have tried the "workaround" using triggers and tags and this is weak solution. (Mentioned here) These are the issues that I have found that prevent this solution from reporting correctly:
We are actively working on a side conversations dataset for Explore. No exact date just yet, but we'd love to hear any details you'd be interested in getting in the reporting. From this thread I see things like:
- number of side conversations (created and/or replied to) on an agent level
- Average First Response time on Side Conversations
- how many side conversations created during a specific period
- filtering on side conversation channel
Let me know what else would be helpful!
in our case we need to report on Average First Response time on Side Conversations.
Agree with you.
we need to check how many side conversations created during the specific period.
Agree, more reporting options are needed here. At the moment all I can report on via Channels is when a Ticket is created. I can't report on when an Email is created or a Slack conversation is created.
I am missing on seeing all the work the team is doing to solve a ticket.
This is great to hear, I am super excited. Not sure if this is already included, but could we also get:
1. the overall number of email responses sent for an agent via side conversations, in a given period of time? For example an agent may have created 1 side conversation but sent 3 emails overall in that side conversation, I would like to know both these metrics.
2. The overall resolution time of the Side conversation (aka the time it takes from first sending a side conversation email to the time it takes to be marked as DONE). If the side convo was marked as DONE multiple times, the most recent time.
Will Yolen does this refer to total number of messages an agent has sent in any given channel? In other words, both side conversations created and replied to?
I believe so, the only word confusing me is channel (since side conversations are only through email channel). But yes, the total number of messages an agent sends in side conversations, both when creating and replying.
Ok, thanks. And to clarify, "channels" is referring to the other possible side conversation channels of Slack and child tickets.
Just to add on my side:
- average first response time on side conversations (from the department to which this side conversation was escalated -> meaning that side conversation is not updated by agent or end-user)
- average side conversations age (time from created side conversation to closed)
- number and % of reopened side conversations
- first and full resolution time of side conversations (ideally to have it as deep as possible, same way as we have it for regular emails)
- on account level would be good to see overall number of created / awaiting reply/ replied/ closed side conversations
- we need to have an option to see to what customer this side conversation is attached (maybe using drill in or other similar option)
- average response # per side conversation (how many unique agent replies we have per side conversation)
Feedback that I've got from our team members (not related to reporting):
- we are missing an option to have side conversations in more clear way in search area (our idea is to see side conversations in search in the same way as all other tickets, because at the moment if we had any kind of escalation via side conversation and then if we need to track something for particular user - we need to do a lot of manual work (to open every ticket and to see where we had side conversation and where not)
Hi Toby Sterrett,
Wanted to re-bump this thread, has there been any traction with the side conversations dataset for Explore? If this is still in the works, one other thing we would love to be able to report on is the number of Tickets that have a side conversation vs those that don't, would that be something that can be added as well?
+1 on adding Explore metrics for Side Conversations. We use them for tracking the overall lifecycle of a support case from an agent productivity standpoint.
Toby Sterrett Any update on this? Thank you for your help!
Toby Sterrett would be great to receive some update on this as I agreed with others that this is important feature to capture on report of the side conversation!
Hi, Toby Sterrett,
We would like to know if there is any update on this. We would like to start using Side Conversations but it's very important that we know how long it takes for each side conversation to be replied to.
Please let us know when this feature will be released.
Hi all, quick update to let you know we have made a lot of progress on getting side conversations set up as a data set in Explore. We're still working through some production data pipeline tasks and finishing up the reporting models, but it's getting close. Thanks for your patience!
Side Conversation comments would be useful just to see what was sent, who it was sent to etc.
Hey Toby Sterrett just checking in--Any idea when we can expect this feature to be released yet? Thank you!
It would be awesome if we could report on the slack channel we are communicating in. For example, If have multiple product dev groups I engage with, it would be good to know the difference/gain a breakdown. Whether that is just a tag or something, I am not picky. :)
Is there an update on this topic?
Having datasets in explore would be useful, but my team would also need to be able to use side conversations responses in triggers, and to trigger an SLA breach in case a side conversation is not answered in X minutes.
We use side conversation emails in some cases to follow up on user error reporting. In short, our internal system creates a ticket via email, the agent uses a side conversation to contact the user, resolve the issue, and report back to the internal system on the original ticket.
We are able to gauge the assignee and group based on the ticket, but for the side conversation, we need visibility into the recipient of the side conversation email, number of replies, and time to close/done.
With regard to the original ticket, we would like to be able to report a count of side conversations, their done/undone statuses, possibly timestamps on side conversation created/closed.
Toby Sterrett -- just curious .. any new updates since your last updated in March ? :)
I heard this is being worked on and is planned to be released Q4 or Q1 2023. We realy need this!
Hi @Zendesk Toby Sterrett - any plan on implementing solution for this one? Last update from you guys was December 2021.
my team depends on side conversation to escalate cases to departments that doesn't use Zendesk and its crucial for me to understand the Average First response. Toby Sterrett your update in this thread would be highly appreciated
Toby Sterrett can you give us a timeline for the Side convo explore implementation?
This would be very useful! Is there any sight on when we will have this data available in Explore?
We want to know many responses were received on EVT/side conversation and ticket status has not changed or the reply has not sent back to the requester.
Please sign in to leave a comment.