Searched high and low but couldn't find an answer.
- Zendesk Support and Chat on Agent workspace (ie: chats are handled in Zendesk Support through a ticket)
- Customer email address is captured during or via the pre-chat form and is the requester of the ticket
- Ticket Channel is Chat (and will always be Chat) - ie: Ticket can't be created as Chat, then the conversation moves to another channel (eg: email). The ticket channel can not be changed to the new channel (eg: email)
Customer chats, agent serves chat. All goes well and the chat ends.
Desired Outcome 1:
- When a chat has ended, we don't want any email notification triggers firing and sending an email to the customer - essentially reminding them of what they just chatted with us about.
Desired Outcome 2:
- When a chat has ended, if the ticket needs follow-up (via email) we DO want email notification triggers firing and sending an email to the customer
I can't seem to think of the best way to accomplish this. I can't use a condition based on 'Channel', because Chat will always be the ticket channel in the above scenario. So if I filter by 'Channel is Chat', then it will stop both sets of triggers firing.
The only thing I can think of is that the agent will need to add a tag (via a field, macro, manual etc) which we can look for to send email notifications but suppress any other notifications if the tag doesn't exist and the channel is Chat.
However, this is very problematic as the agents MUST remember to add the tag to ensure the email notifications are sent for follow-up. Obviously this is very risky. If the agent forgets to add the tag, updates the ticket and thinks the notification has been sent...but it hasn't.....big trouble.
So I'm wondering if anybody else has solved this and in what way did they solve it?
Any help hugely appreciated (hope this makes sense BTW :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.