- Additional time-based Automation conditions are needed. The current options are restrictive and do not cover all requirements for Automations.
- Currently in Automations there are multiple "hours since" time contingent conditions including "hours since assignee update", "hours since requester update", and "hours since update"; however, there are no options for "hours since an agent update", "hours since an agent public reply", or "hours since an end user update" which are necessary for some use cases.
Example use case:
- Say a team has an operation structure where multiple Agents may respond to a ticket including or in addition to the ticket Assignee. Now say that leadership wishes for tickets to be escalated that have not been responded by any Agent in 24 hours.
- If an Automation solution was built with the existing option of "hours since Assignee update" then it would only be considering the updates of the Assignee, not the updates of peer Agents. Therefore, if another Agent steps in to assist the Requester it would not be recognized by the Automation, and therefore would be escalated.
- The alternative existing option, "hours since update", also has challenges. If this option is used, then any update will "reset the clock" of the Automation - including minor updates outside a Public Reply, or, even worse, Requester updates; the reason Requester updates could be considered problematic is that if a Requester becomes agitated on the lack of response and replies "why haven't you answered me yet?" it would be recognized as an update and therefore the ticket would not be escalated due to no response, which could compound the issue.
- This could be solved if we had the ability to either use "hours since Agent update" or "hours since Agent Public Reply" - the latter being the most useful for this particular use case example.
Please add additional Automation conditions such as:
- hours since Agent update
- hours since End-User update
- hours since Agent Public Reply
- hours since End User Public Reply
- hours since Requester Public Reply
Please sign in to leave a comment.