We're excited to announce that, in response to significant customer feedback in the following thread; Ability to merge organizations , we've launched the Organizational Merge Open Beta! This new feature allows admins to consolidate one organization into another.
All accounts now have access to merge organizations without needing to opt in, though please note that not all functionality is currently available.
How Merging Organizations Works
With this beta, admins can merge one organization into another. The organization being merged is termed the 'merging organization', while the organization that is the recipient of the merge is the 'receiving organization'.
Upon merging, all users, open tickets, and domains from the merging organization are consolidated into the receiving organization. Once the merge is complete, the merging organization is deleted. For transparency, all changes relating to an organization merge are recorded in the audit log. Moreover, tickets that are part of the merge will display the change in their ticket events log.
For a more detailed explanation, please refer to our Merging Organizations (beta) Guide.
Important Beta Limitations to Consider
As we are in the open beta phase, not all functionalities present in the final version are currently available. Prior to merging organizations during this beta, please consider the following:
- Only users, open tickets, and domains are merged into the receiving organization. Tags, notes, details, and custom organization fields are **not** included in an organization merge.
- Closed and Archived tickets will **not** be updated. This feature will be added in a future release.
- The merging organization cannot exceed 10,000 users or 10,000 tickets. For larger organizations, they should be set as the receiving organization.
- Business rules that check or set the organization value may break during the merge. Review your triggers, automations, macros, views, and SLAs.
- Lookup relationship fields pointing to organizations may also break when organizations are merged.
- There is no notification upon the completion of the merge, therefore you may need to refer to the Audit Log for the organization deleted event to confirm that the merge has finished.
We sincerely appreciate your participation and feedback during this beta testing phase. Rest assured, our team is working tirelessly to finalize the feature and provide you with a seamless merging experience. Your feedback is invaluable so let us know what you think and how we can improve in our Feedback - Ticketing System (Support).
Have a great rest of your day!
Please sign in to leave a comment.