As an agent in Agent Workspace, I'd like the system to enable the chat/comment box as soon as I click 'take it' next to the Assignee field (i.e. without the need for me to update the ticket) when dealing with Open tickets assigned to my group(s).
A couple of use cases: reopens and group reassignments.
Reopens. Although conversations are synchronous in Agent Workspace, requesters can become inactive, and stop replying. Agents don't have to keep that ticket tab open, especially when talking about large ticket queues. Consequently, agents can submit that conversation ticket as Pending. If the end-user
Group reassignments. It is also common for support operations to have escalation workflows, where agents have to reassign the ticket/chat to another group. This usually happens by submitting the ticket as Open.
Therefore, we need agents to use Views for all their Open conversations because the Accept call-to-action ("CTA") only shows New conversations.
For agents to start chatting on one of these cases, they are required to:
- Open the ticket
- Manually assign the ticket to themselves
- Update the ticket (i.e. submit the ticket as Open)
- Potentially, go back to the ticket if they forgot to select the
Ideally, I'd like the ability to comment a ticket immediately after assigning the conversation to myself.
If the 'Stay on ticket' option is enabled, it's true that it only takes a few seconds to click 'take it', submit as Open, and start chatting.
The impact on reply times is minimal, but still there are N seconds per agent, per open conversation, that are unnecessary (apart from the agent UX).
However, there can be productivity-related complications for agents whose role only allows them to Play tickets in Agent Workspace.
- If my staff's role is set to attend tickets under Guided mode, exclusively (i.e. 'Play views only' is selected in the agent role), then most of them will probably have 'Next ticket in view' selected.
- Consequently, if they have to assign themselves and update the ticket in order to start chatting, they'll either have to go back and find that ticket (meanwhile, the system already opened the next Open ticket in the view)
- We're also assuming their playlist view is sorted by last updated (desc.), and crossing fingers that the first ticket on the list is the one the agent just updated in order to be able to chat.
- They can change the option to 'Stay on ticket', although this is a bit counterproductive, in context of Guided mode ticket handling
Summing up: if agents choose to stay on ticket, it will take just a few seconds to start chatting. However, it will take a bit more to have the ticket tab closed, click on the view again, and start chatting.
Obviously, I realize that it's probably working like it is for a reason, and that what this feature request implies can be complicated to execute. Still, I think it would be a significant improvement in terms of agent UX and overall productivity.
For another Guided mode vs Agent Workspace productivity issue, see this post as well.
댓글을 남기려면 로그인하세요.