Option to assume as an agentRespondida
As of now, Zendesk only allows us to assume as end user. It would be nice if we have a feature/option to assume as an agent (to manage some settings option for agents, particularly Zendesk views, to have fewer groups and to avoid multiple views created by different groups). Also, it would be easy for admins to troubleshoot agent facing issues, without having agents involved. Thanks.
Note from the Zendesk Community Team: Sam's instructions here are out of date, as they predate the move of this functionality to Admin Center. However, user Pam Carter has provided updated instructions in her comment below, here. Thanks Pam!
Hi Johnny J! It is possible to do this through a workaround. To do so:
- Open Zendesk Support
- Go to Admin -> People
- Right-click on "Agents" and open the page in a new tab (you can also go to this link - replace the subdomain w/ your own Zendesk subdomain: https://subdomain.zendesk.com/users?role%5B%5D=4&role%5B%5D=2 )
- On the older-style Agent page, hover over the row with the agent you'd like to assume
- To the right, next to edit, you should see an assume link appear
- Click on the link to assume the agent user
Samuel Mosher you are awesome! Thank you very much for your help:)
Wondering, if there's an option to revert identity after we get into agent's dashboard page. I can only see the option to sign out. Any help is much appreciated.
Johnny J Yes! If you go to Guide, a box should appear to revert identities.
Great, thank you again Sam
Hi Johnny J
You should be able to revert your identity from the Guide product or by visiting https://your-domain.zendesk.com/users/revert
This article needs updating. Here are the instructions we were given
To assume an agentidentity:use the URL: [yoursubdomain].com/users
- You'll be taken to a list of users
- Click on Agents below the search bar
- Find the agent you want to assume the identity and hover your mouse close to the edit button
- Click on the Assume button
- You will be taken in the Guide page, click on the products button upper right (four squares icon)
- Go to Zendesk Support and test tickets, etc
- To leave the assuming mode, go again to the URL: [yoursubdomain].com/users
- There will be a yellow message on the top of the page with an option to end assumption mode
Great, thanks for sharing this Pam.
Thanks for providing updated instructions, Pam Carter!
That did not work for us. We have multiple brands and it caused me to get locked out of the system. It may work if you only have 1 brand but for us, having multiple brands, it does not work. (We had our Zendesk implementation person on the call walking us through it)
Hi Pam, we also have multiple brands and not sure why it does not work for you but I am assuming you are an admin as well?
Team, any plan to add this feature in the current UI? This is a very useful tool.
Por favor, entrar para comentar.