Feature Request Summary:
Ability to have subcategories for additional organization capabilities when working with Trigger Categories
We have 1100+ triggers in our instance and we have noticed that reorganizing triggers within a category is not easy when there are still 400 triggers under a category. Having the ability to have subcategories under the main category would allow us to have additional sorting abilities. ie. Following Zendesk's recommendation, there are 3 categories "Set", "Assign", "Notify". Ideally, we would want to break up our triggers by Brand/Group/Team but still want to have the header "Set", "Assign", "Notify"
- Pencil Group (20 triggers)
- Eraser Group (20 triggers)
- Pencil Group (100 triggers)
- Eraser Group (1 triggers)
- Pencil Group (8 triggers)
- Eraser Group (8 triggers)
Business impact of limitation or missing feature:
Choice 1: If we go with limited categories (Set, Assign, Notify) then there are 400 triggers in each category.
- Issue: If you need to rearrange the triggers in a category, you are dragging and dropping those triggers to the specific spots. Especially when you clone triggers in the category, you need to drag and drop the location.
- Issue: Then there is also the loading issues as the categories do not feel like they were designed to have so many triggers under them.
Choice 2: If you were to break up the categories even more by Product then there are 3 categories for each Group/Brand/Team. In our instance, we have 100+ groups which results in 300+ categories where the categories would only have 10+ triggers in each.
ie. One category for each type of: Set-Pencils, Assign-Pencils, Notify-Pencils, Set-Erasers, Assign-Erasers, Notify-Erasers, etc)
- Issue: There are a max of 500 Categories as mentioned by Zendesk
- Issue: You now have many categories you are scrolling through to find the proper Category
- Positive: You are able to bulk move triggers between categories so the drag and drop is less within a Trigger Category as there are fewer triggers to sift through
In both cases, you are either messy within a category or you are messy with categories.
Por favor, entrar para comentar.