Feature request: field management enhancements for when you need to de-dupe fields or clean up copy
- Update filters on fields page to allow filtering based on the columns recently added - specifically by active forms, or form names. As with being able to filter based on a field being active, this would add something to the effect of "on an active form" boolean.
- Update forms page to include some kind of pop out / open in new tab to edit/manage fields on the form ordering tiles.
- Add display name, title, field description, and customer description to the field export and add field import.
- Add a forms array (with nested active and deactivated maybe?) to the ticket object
(1) We need to do an overhaul of the copy used on the fields of one of our forms. We make heavy use of conditions, and as such there are > 60 fields that we need to review. After this is complete we will be going one-by-one through the rest of our forms.
(2) Some fields appear to be duplicative and we need to review, de-dupe, and clean up our fields. In order to do so, we need to analyze a CSV of the field titles and identify possible overlaps, then identify whether there are copy redundancies or if the copy is context-specific.
PS: We'll be making the changes first in sandbox for stakeholder review, then updating production.
The current options are to either pull the title and description of the fields via API based on the form IDs in the related form and then do a second call to make updates (very efficient, but not always accessible);
Second method is to lookup the field based on the name on the form page. From there you copy and paste into a separate document each field ID from the URL (relying on eyeballing field IDs when there's redundancies is prone to error), display name, field title, field description and customer description. Once you're ready to make the updates, concatenate the URL with the field ID to open up each field via the URL and make changes.
Obviously the first method is quick to get the information and to make the changes once finalized. With almost 600 fields to review and compare, that adds up to 1200 field reviews (sandbox and production), each involving 23 discrete actions (not including the actual stakeholder review and editing) - totaling 27,600 actions. Assuming each field takes 2 minutes to extract and replace the field data, this adds up to 1 work week straight of admin time.
With an export and import option, with the fields identified above (#3), it becomes 4 actions - export, stakeholder review, import in maybe 30 seconds.
Alternatively, with #1 you could at least accurately narrow the field export, and with #2 you could narrow and make the updates from the form page (via CTRL+click so they open in new tabs).
Por favor, entrar para comentar.