How do I use Google Groups as a support address?
To set up Google Groups as a support address, you need to be Gsuite administrator and a Zendesk Support administrator.
To set up within Gsuite admin console
- Navigate to the Gsuite Admin Console, while logged in as Admin, and click More controls. Then click the Google Groups icon at the bottom.
- Select the Group/email you are adding as a support address, and click Manage users info.
- Remove all users if there are any. From there, add your default support system address as the sole member (support@YOURSUBDOMAIN.zendesk.com).
- Remove the footer by going to Group Settings in the upper right. Then, on the left under Settings, click Email options and unselect the Email footer option.
- In Basic Permissions, make sure that POST is set to Public.
To add the email as a support address (Zendesk Support Side)
- Click the Admin icon ( ) in the sidebar, then select Channels > Email.
- Click Add Address.
- Select Connect other.
This circumvents an SMTP check that standard emails go through.
If you added the support address prior to setting up the forward, click Retry under the support address, to resend the verification email.
For more information about setting up a support address, see Adding a support address.