Why do I see a Recording not available message in my recordings?
There are different reasons for this message to show up in your call tickets depending on whether you are using Zendesk Talk or the Zendesk Talk Partner Edition.
For customers with Zendesk Talk:
- The recording is too short. If the duration of the recording is so short that the recording is interpreted as 0 bytes, there is no recordings media.
- The recording is silent and there is no audio (a person's voice).
- The recording was manually deleted. For more information on this see Managing recording options in Zendesk Talk.
- The Talk subscription associated with the Zendesk account is not active. To resolve the issue, activate a Talk plan in your Zendesk account.
- There is no information captured on the call. If the customer or the agent ends the call prior to leaving a voicemail or speaking in any capacity (for example Abandoned in Queue calls), no recording is available.
- If you have disabled call recordings for a certain number, no recording is available.
For Customers with Zendesk Talk Partner Edition:
- The recording is no longer available where it was originally hosted. Zendesk does not store the actual recording file for Talk Partner Edition calls. Zendesk stores a link to the audio file. The audio file must be in MP3 or WAV format. For more information, see Adding a recording or transcript to an existing ticket.
- You do not have permission to access the recordings in your voice provider platform.
- Your Zendesk account is not active with your voice provider.