Why do I see a Recording not available message in my recordings?
There are different reasons for this message to show up in your call tickets:
The main reasons:
- The recording is too short and is deleted. If the duration of the recording is so short that the recording is interpreted as 0 bytes, there is no recordings media.
- The recording is silent and is deleted. If there is no audio (a person's voice) in the recording, you will see the message in the ticket.
- Deleting your recording would also make it show up as Recording not available.
Other reasons that may apply:
- Your Zendesk Talk subscription associated with the Zendesk account is not active. To resolve the issue, you will need to activate a Talk plan in your Zendesk account.
- This message is also displayed in tickets when an admin manually deletes a recording, for more information on this see Managing recording options in Zendesk Talk.
- This message can also show up if there is no information captured on the call. If the customer or the agent ends the call prior to leaving a voicemail or speaking in any capacity (for example Abandoned in Queue calls), no recording will be available.
- If you have disabled call recordings for a certain number, no recording will be available.