I am not sure if my Support account is emailing my customers updates to their tickets. How to tell if your Zendesk Support is sending email notifications to customers?
This article outlines a couple of troubleshooting steps to check if your messages are being delivered to your customers.
- Make sure your triggers are activated
- The default triggers whose titles begin with Notify requester of... are triggers that fire communication to your end users. These triggers need to be active to fire (see Why are my customers not receiving my replies?).
- If you've customized your triggers, check any that are intended to send notifications to end users to ensure that tickets meet these conditions. Ensure that your triggers contain the correct placeholders, to pull in ticket data.
- Check a recent ticket
- Under the comment box, click the button that says Conversations and in the dropdown, select Events (see Viewing all events of a ticket).
- Look for a recent update from one of your agents. Email notifications are represented in the audit trail by the heading Email notification, followed by an ID number. (You can click the ID next to a notification to view the trigger the email notification)
- If the Email notification event does not exist in the audit trail, an email notification was not sent.
It may be a good idea to have your end users check their spam or junk folders for email notifications as well. If you find that an end user is still not receiving email notifications after checking these steps, submit a ticket to email@example.com for further investigation.