I am not sure if my Support account is emailing my customers updates to their tickets. How do I confirm if Support is sending email notifications to customers?
This article outlines some troubleshooting steps to check if your messages are delivered to your customers.
- Make sure your triggers are activated.
- The default triggers whose titles begin with Notify requester of... are triggers that send communication to your end users. These triggers need to be active to reach end users. For more information, see the article: Customers are not receiving emails.
- If you've customized your triggers, check that any that are intended to send notifications to end users have conditions that are actually met in your tickets. Ensure that your triggers contain the correct placeholders to pull in ticket data.
- Check a recent ticket.
- View the events of the ticket.
- Look for a recent update from one of your agents. Email notifications are represented in the audit trail by the heading Email notification, followed by an ID number. Click the ID next to a notification to view the email notification.
- If the Email notification event does not exist in the event log, an email notification was not sent.
It may be a good idea to have your end users check their spam or junk folders for email notifications as well. If you find that an end user is still not receiving email notifications after checking these steps, contact Zendesk customer support with an example ticket ID.