A Zendesk Support ticket was not created from a chat. Chat transcript from the interaction cannot be found in the Support interface.
Cause and Resolution Steps
There are many reasons a chat may not create a ticket.
- The integration between your Support and Chat account may be broken and you may need to reintegrate the two accounts.
- Ticket creation was accidentally turned off and you may need to enable this feature again.
- The end user's email address was invalid, such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- The end-user from the chat may not have ended the chat yet.
- For customers on v1 of Chat/Support integration, tickets are created when the chat ends and the end-user has left.
- Simply wait until the end-user ends the chat to see the Support ticket.
- The end-user is Suspended in Support.
To export a chat transcript:
- Open Zendesk Chat from the Product Tray > select the History tab.
- Search by either the serving agent or by the chatter.
- When you locate the chat in question, select it.
- Select the Export Transcription option in the upper right.
- Enter the email address you would like to receive the transcript.
- To create a Support ticket from the chat, input your support address.