A Zendesk Support ticket was not created from a chat. A chat transcript from the interaction cannot be found in the Support interface.
Cause and Resolution Steps
There are many reasons a chat may not create a ticket.
- Ticket creation was accidentally turned off and you may need to enable this feature again.
- The end-user from the chat may not have ended the chat yet. In that case, you just need to wait for the chat session to end.
- The end-user is suspended in Support and you will need to unsuspend them.
To export a chat transcript:
- Open Zendesk Chat from the Product Tray > select the History tab.
- Search by either the serving agent or by the chatter.
- When you locate the chat in question, select it.
- Select the Export Transcription option in the upper right.
- Enter the email address you would like to receive the transcript. To create a Support ticket from the chat, input your support address.