I want to build reports which display the number of tickets received at each of my support addresses. I want to filter my reports by the support address the tickets were received at. Is there a metric or attribute that I can use to report on the received at support email address?
It is not possible to report on what email address a ticket was received at because there is not a metric for the received at address of tickets.
As a workaround, create a trigger to set a custom field or add a tag. You can then use the field or tag to identify the received at address in your reports.
To set a custom field for tracking received at address
- Create the dropdown ticket field via Admin > Manage > Ticket fields. Create one dropdown option for each of your support addresses.
- Create a trigger to set this field by navigating to Admin > Business Rules > Triggers.
- Under Meet ALL of the following conditions, add the following conditions:
- Ticket | Is | Created
- Received at | (support address)
- Under Actions, add the actions below:
- (Custom field title) | (value)
- Create a unique trigger for each of your support addresses by repeating steps 2 through 4 with each address and associated dropdown option.