By default, data interactivity is enabled on dashboards. Viewers can use any interaction options to select and view data in customized ways (see Adding dashboard interactions). You can turn off data interactivity in the dashboard, or in Query Builder.
Data interactivity options
Below are the available interactivity options you can turn on and off.
- Filter others: Viewers can select a value from a chart to be a filter for all charts, including itself. For example, if a user selects the value Support on a chart, and adds it as a filter, all charts will show results for only Support.
- Filter others only: All charts are filtered, except the chart where the value was selected.
- Decompose: Viewers can slice results by an additional attribute on either Rows or Columns. Users can select either all or a portion of the graph to decompose.
- Drillthrough: Viewers can view and export a table of attributes and metrics that relate to a chosen value.
- Focus: Enables viewers to zoom in on a range within a chart.
- Fullscreen: Viewers can view the dashboard in full screen mode.
- Widget slides: Viewers can view the widgets as slides in a presentation. This can be useful for viewing widgets on smaller screens.
Turning off interactivity
You can either turn off interactivity by tab or query.
- In your dashboard, select the Tab options menu.
- Click the Interaction options () icon.
- Clear the relevant boxes. The All option will automatically be selected.
- Close the Interaction options menu.
- Click Publish changes. Your changes will not be saved until you publish the dashboard.
- In the Queries library, open the query you want.
- Click the Chart configuration icon (), then select Interactions.
- Clear the required boxes.
- Save your query.