The email integration in Sell (see Integrating email with Zendesk Sell) requires the use of the IMAP and SMTP protocols. IMAP is the incoming mail server and SMTP is the outgoing mail server.
If you’re setting up an email integration in Sell using an email system other than Google Mail, you might be prompted to provide your IMAP and SMTP settings. If you don’t know what these settings are, and you’re trying to set up an integration with your company’s email address (for example), your IT team should be able to provide you with that information.
Here is what you’ll need:
- IMAP server and port
- SMTP server and port
- A third party verified SSL certificate
You may also be able to find your IMAP and SMTP settings in an email client that you’re already using. Here’s how to locate that information in the following email clients.
Outlook 2016 on a PC (Windows computer)
- Click the search icon in the taskbar and search for "Control panel".
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016), then select Email Accounts.
- Select the email account that you want to use to integrate with Sell.
- Click the menu, then select Change.
- You'll find your IMAP and SMTP settings in the Server Information section.
For more information about finding your IMAP and SMTP settings for Outlook.com email addresses, see POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings for Outlook.com.
Outlook 2016 on a Mac
- Open Outlook on your Mac.
- From the Apple menu bar, select Outlook > Preferences.
- Double-click the Accounts icon.
- If you have multiple email accounts connected to Outlook, select the email account you want to connect to Sell.
- Locate the fields for Incoming server and Outgoing server and you’ll see the server information and the port number for each.
Apple Mail (Mac computer)
- Open Mail on your Mac.
- From the Apple menu bar, select Mail > Preferences.
- If you have multiple email accounts connected to Mail, select the email account you want to connect to Sell.
- Click Server Settings.
- Locate the Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) host name and the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) host name.
- You may need to select Edit SMTP server list from a dropdown to view the SMTP server name and port.
iPhone (Apple Mail)
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select Passwords & Accounts.
- Choose the email account that you want to connect to Sell.
- On the Account page, you’ll find your SMTP and IMAP mail server details.