You can add a user to your account if you have enough seats (licenses) in your Sell subscription.
You need admin rights to add users.
Creating a user
When you create a new user, you can choose between limited and full access permissions (see Understanding access levels and privileges).
With Enterprise and Elite plans, if you create a user hierarchy, you can choose to specify more granular access or you can create custom roles to define permissions that can be applied to multiple users.
To create a user
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Preferences > Manage Users.
- Click New user.
Note: If you don't have enough licenses, you are prompted to add more seats to accommodate the new user (see adding and removing licenses).
- In the Add a new user window, enter the following details:
- Full Name: this is how the user's name will be displayed in Sell
- Email: this is the email address where the user's activation instructions are sent, and also the address the user will use to log in to Sell.
- Assign permissions: select either full access, or limited access. See the definitions for access levels.
- Contacts (visible if you selected Limited access): select whether the user can view and update all contacts in the account or only their own contacts.
- Prospects and customers (visible if you selected Limited access): select whether the user can view and update all prospects and customers in the account or only their own prospects and customers. A prospect is a contact with an active deal, and a customer is a contact with a closed deal.
- Admin permissions: check the box to grant the user full administrative privileges (see Managing user permissions).
- Click Send invitation. The new user is created, and an activation email is sent to the email address you specified.
- When the user clicks the activation button in the email, a web browser opens and they are prompted to complete their account registration.
When the user clicks Complete Registration, their account is activated.