A collaborator is a colleague or other Sell user that you can add as a secondary owner of any lead, contact, or deal. The collaborator is notified when certain actions take place on those records.
Adding a collaborator
You can manage who can collaborate on your lead, contact, or deal using the Collaborators field directly from the lead, contact, or deal page.
- In your lead, contact, or deal page, click the + icon in the Collaborators field.
- Start typing a name. You'll see a list of possible matches.
Note: The ability to add a Collaborator to a record depends on the permissions defined for that user. If you are unable to add a given user as a collaborator, contact your administrator to request the correct access for that user.
- Click the name of the person you want to add as a collaborator.
- The new collaborator is informed by email, and is notified each time a change is made to the record.
Becoming a collaborator
If you'd like to become a collaborator on a contact, lead, or deal, you have two options, depending on your plan.
On any plan:
- In the lead, contact, or deal page you want to collaborate on, click Become a Collaborator, under the Collaborators field. The lead, contact, or deal owner is notified and they have the option to approve or deny your request.
On Enterprise and Elite plans:
- Depending on your access rights, you'll see the option to Become a Collaborator. This won't require any further approval from the record owner.
You can also filter leads, contacts, and deals by using the Collaborators filter, available in the filters column.