Enabling the Unqualified Reasons feature on your account will help you to analyze the most common reasons your deals are unqualified. This will help you to optimize Deal sources and scoring, refine qualification criteria, and identify coaching opportunities.
You must be an admin to enable the unqualified reasons feature.
This article contains the following topics:
Defining unqualified reasons
Click the Settings icon (), then select Customize > Deals and click the Unqualified Reasons tab.
Note the difference between Unqualified Reasons and Loss Reasons for your deals:
- Unqualifying a deal means the opportunity is not a good fit for your sales team. Deals should be marked as Unqualified as soon as possible so that these deals do not clutter your list of qualified deal opportunities. Create appropriate unqualified reasons for your sales reps to use to indicate a poor opportunity.
- Marking a deal as a loss deal suggests that the deal was a good opportunity, but it was lost for a specific reason. Create relevant loss reasons for your sales reps to select when a deal is lost. Tracking these loss reasons can help you identify trends that will help you optimize your sales process and future deal qualifications.
- Click Edit next to an existing reason to rename it.
- Click the trash can icon next to an existing reason to remove it.
- Click Add Unqualified Reason to add a new custom unqualified reason.
Collecting unqualified reasons information
From the Unqualified Reasons tab, click Yes next to Ask users for unqualified reason to start collecting data for all users on your Sell account. Users are then able are able to provide reasons for unqualified deals by selecting a predefined option from a drop-down list.
See Unqualified reasons when using deals for some best practices.