In Zendesk Sell, you manage your sales process in sales stages that define the milestones a typical Deal goes through. The sales process stages help you organize and categorize your opportunities based on how much progress you’ve made with each.
Sales stages also have a direct impact on forecasting features in Sell.
You need admin rights to edit your deal pipeline stages.
This article covers:
- What are sales pipeline stages?
- Customizing pipeline stages
- Rearrange pipeline stages
- Training video
To define what Sales Pipeline stages are let's take an example that uses the default stages that come out of the box with Sell.
Let's say that you have qualified a Lead in Sell and converted it to a Contact with a Deal. This Deal enters your Sales Pipeline in the Incoming stage, as it has not yet been worked on really.
Once you’ve talked with or met the customer, you qualify the Deal further and ensure its worth spending more time on. In qualifying a Deal, make sure that you understand what the customer is looking for, that they are serious, have an appropriate budget, and that you can deliver what they are looking for. If so, you move the deal to the Qualified stage.
During the Qualified stage, you continue to gather requirements and better understand the project or sale. Once you've advanced with the customer to have enough information to produce a quote, and the customer is on board with requirements, you move the Deal to the Quote stage.
During the Quote stage, you will produce and send the quote for this project. Once the quote is sent and confirmed by the customer, you move the Deal to the Closure stage.
In the Closure stage, you negotiate the final terms and seek to close the Deal. If won, you move the deal to Won stage. If lost, you move the deal to Lost stage.
If the nature of the project has changed, you may move the deal back to either Qualified or Quote, and continue working on winning this project.
You can also move your Deal to the Unqualified stage, if there was no business potential in this Deal.
Customizing your Sales Pipeline stages is a great way to tailor Sell to your business. We encourage you to change your pipeline stages to reflect your own sales process and terminology you use.
If you're already signed into Sell, you can click here to customize the pipeline stages.
You can also reach the customization page by following the steps below:
- Click on Settings. You can find the settings page by clicking on your name in the top right corner.
- On the left side of the screen click Pipelines.
Pipeline stage editing options that are available to you are:
- Add a new stage by clicking the + button visible between two other stages.
- Delete a stage by hovering your mouse over it and clicking the 'trash can' icon once it appears.
- Rename a stage by hovering your mouse over it and clicking the 'pencil' icon once it appears. Type in the new name and click on Save.
- Change the win likelihood of a stage by hovering your mouse over it and clicking the 'pencil' icon once it appears. Type in the new win likelihood percentage and click on Save.
Tip: Aside from the first stage as well as your closed stages (won, lost, unqualified), all other stages in your pipeline can be deleted.
Though it's not possible to drag and drop, your stages can be renamed fairly easy to reflect the order you'd like to achieve.
For example, if you'd like to change the order of your stages so the stage "Schedule Meeting" is before the "Quote" stage, you can edit the names of each stage.