You can create simple condition-based routing for your leads using Zapier and the Sell Round Robin feature (see Creating distribution pools for allocating leads, contacts, and deals).
You'll need a Zapier account and distribution pools set up for your Sell account to use this feature.
We've used a working example with leads that are brought into Sell using a Google Form, and are then routed using the country of their origin. You could use Wufoo forms, Gravity forms, or even your own, custom made forms. Routing can also be expanded to other criteria as well.
Setting up your data
To set up your data
- Create one or more lead distribution pools for your account.
You might have three pools for leads, relating to French, US and UK leads. For example:
- Create a Google Form, with at least first name, last name, and country fields. For example:
- Fill in your Google Form a few times, so that you have some test data to work with.
Remember to create a Google Sheet with results, because that’s how Zapier checks for new leads. For example:
This is an example of the responses you might create:
Creating your Zap
Make sure you have a Zapier account. If you don't have one already, you can sign up to a free version that allows you to route 100 leads per month. See Using Zapier with Sell for more information.
To create your Zap
- Click the + icon to make a new Zap.
- For the App, select Google Forms and for the Trigger Event, select New Response in Spreadsheet. Click Continue:
- Select each of the other tabs to add your Google account, the lead Google form you created, and the lead responses Google Sheet.
Click Done Editing:
- Add a Paths step. You can type “Paths” in search to find the correct helper, and click the Paths icon.
This will enable you to route the leads.
You should see two default paths when you add the helper:
- Click the first path to configure it.
For example, you could name the path "USA" and specify the rules as:
- Only continue if country exactly matches USA
You can see that Zapier provides a hint, that using the sample data, the path would not be executed (because there is a lead from France in the data, and the path is for US leads).
Click Done Editing when you have finished.
- Now, you'll add a step to create a lead in Sell.
Click the + icon to add a new step.
- Select your Sell account as an App (use the search bar if you need to find Sell) and choose the action event Create Lead. Click Continue:
- Map the fields.
For example, map the First Name and Last Name from the Google Form:
Map the owner. The example specifies the US branch, therefore the owner will be the “US leads” distribution pool that we created in Sell.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 for each path you want to create.
For example, you could create a UK path by editing path B, selecting a rule for country to match “UK”, and so on. In our example, we also create a path for France.
The final view in this example shows the three paths:
- Enable the Zap (toggle it on), and you can see it live on your dashboard.
Testing your Zapier distribution pool
You can test your setup very simply by adding a new lead using your Google Form.
- Add a lead using your Google Form.
For example, this is an example of a UK lead:
- Either wait a few minutes, or click Run to fire the Zap manually to test it immediately.
In Sell, you can see the new lead, allocated through the UK distribution pool to a Sales rep:
- You can also check the task log in Zapier, to see the path that the Zap took.
In this example, the UK path ran successfully.