I am not sure if my account is emailing my customers updates to their tickets. How do I know if my email was sent?
- Make sure your triggers are activated.
- The standard Support triggers whose titles begin with Notify requester of... are triggers that send communication to your end users. These triggers need to be active to reach end users. For more information, see the article: Customers don't receive emails.
- If you customized your triggers, check that any that are intended to send notifications to end users have conditions that are actually met in your tickets. Ensure that your triggers contain the correct placeholder to pull in ticket data.
- Check a recent ticket.
- View the events of your ticket.
- Look for a recent update from one of your agents. The heading Email notification in the audit trail represents the email notifications, followed by an ID number. Click the ID next to a notification to view the email notification.
- If the Email notification event doesn't exist in the event log, an email notification wasn't sent.
Have your end users check their spam or junk folders for email notifications as well.