If you create spreadsheets and forms in Google Sheets to collect information about new leads, you can, for example, create leads in Sell from that data using the Zapier integration (see Using Zapier with Sell).
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- A Zapier account
- A Google spreadsheet for collecting lead data
Setting up your Google spreadsheet
Before you set up the Google Sheets to Sell integration in Zapier, you should have set up a Google spreadsheet for collecting your lead data.
To create a Google spreadsheet for lead data
- Create a new spreadsheet in your Google account.
- Add the field titles to the first row of the spreadsheet (as shown below).
- Add sample data for each of the field titles (columns) that you add to your spreadsheet.
Setting up the Google Sheets and Zendesk Sell integration
The next step is to set up the Google Sheets to Sell integration in Zapier.
To set up Google Sheets to create leads in Sell
- Create a Zapier account, if you don't already have one.
- On the Connect Google Sheets + Zendesk Sell page, provided you've set up a Zapier account and you're signed in, you can click Get Started–Use this Zap!.
- Click Connect Google Sheets + Zendesk SellIntegrations.
- On the next page, select the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger.
- Next, you'll be prompted to connect your Google account. Click Connect an Account.
- Sign in to your Google account and authorize the connection between Google and Zapier.
- Select a Google spreadsheet and worksheet as the source of new lead data.
- On the next page, you need to choose the action that creates the lead in Sell. Select Create Lead.
- Click Edit Template to map the columns in your Google sheet to the corresponding fields in Sell.
- The last step is to activate your Zap. Enter a name for it, then click On.
The data collected from your Google spreadsheet is automatically synced to your Sell account and new leads are created when a new row is added to the spreadsheet.