How can I resend emails to Zendesk after the Gmail connecter is disabled? We reconnected the connecter but the emails which arrived in the meantime didn't resend to Zendesk.
If you disable your Gmail connector, the first step is to re-authorize it. Select the option to Create tickets from last 50 emails to search your inbox for any emails that were not imported.
If you manually forward more than the last 50, Zendesk will suspend any email that comes from one of your support addresses to avoid creating a mail loop.
- If you only have a few emails to process, manually copy and paste the content and the requester of the email into a new ticket.
- Manually forward the emails to Zendesk anyway and recover them from the Suspended tickets view. Manually recover each ticket individually because the requester must be changed on each email.
- If you have a lot of emails to recover, redirect the emails instead of manually forwarding them. A redirect is when an email client or service passes an email along as if it had never gone through the intermediary forwarding address. The
From:field is populated with the email address of the original sender and the headers remain the same in terms of who the original sender was.
Gmail doesn't offer this feature, but you can achieve the same output through other apps:
- Mac Mail, which is built into the Mac bundle of apps that come with their OS. For information, see this article from Apple support: Reply to, forward or redirect emails in Mail on Mac.
- AirMail for Macs which is available for purchase from the App Store. For instructions on how to redirect emails in AirMail, see the article from AirMail support: Redirect - Airmail for macOS.
- Microsoft Outlook is available for PC users.
Once you have a service set up actively checking your Gmail support address and also able to send emails on behalf of that address, then you can redirect emails to your Zendesk account. As a best practice, redirect emails to your default support address for the account or brand. For more information, see this article: Forwarding incoming email to Zendesk Support.