How can I manually send chat transcripts to customers? Can customers request their chat transcript themselves?
If you are an agent, you can manually send chat transcripts by following the below instructions.
- While chatting with a customer, on the chat panel at the top right, click Actions.
- Click Export transcript.
- Enter the email address where you want to send the chat transcript.
- The pop-up notification Transcript will be sent after this conversation ends shows up.
The customer can also manually request the transcript to be sent to their inbox by following the below instructions.
- On the chat window, click the Options icon (...) in the lower-left corner.
- Click Email transcript.
- Enter the email address where you want to send it and click Send.
- The pop-up notification Email will be sent to (email address indicated) when the chat ends shows up.
If you want to automatically send chat transcripts to specific email addresses, see the article: Automatically send chat transcripts with email piping.