How can I ensure my agents have the correct permissions in live chat? Why am I getting the message Zendesk Chat is not enabled for you when launching the Chat dashboard? How can I sign in?
This message appears when Chat is disabled for the agent's profile. An admin can manage which agents can access Chat through the Admin Center. Contact your team for help if you are not an admin.
To enable Chat on your own profile
1. From the Support dashboard, click on your Avatar in the top-right corner of the page and then select View profile.
2. On the left panel, next to Role, click Manage in Admin Center.
3. Click the checkbox under Access for chat. Select Agent or Admin as needed.
4. Click Save.
To enable Chat for another agent
- In Admin Center, click People in the sidebar, then select Team > Team members.
- From the list, click the agent you want to upgrade.
- On the Roles and access tab of the agent's page, click on Enabled next to chat.
- Update the user's role setting to Agent or Admin as needed.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Error: "View only. You need to have Chat enabled to reply to this conversation."
- How do I transfer a Chat license when there is only one agent?
- I can't enable or disable an agent on my chat-only account
- How can I resolve the error message "Failed to add team member. Please try again" when adding an agent to chat?