How do I get support from Zendesk?
Looking for help with Zendesk? There are lots of options when you need customer support, pick the one that works best for you:
- Option 1: Searching our Help Center and asking your peers in the Community
- Option 2: Contacting Zendesk Customer Support from within your product
- Option 3: Contacting Zendesk when your account is unavailable or during an incident
Option 1: Searching our Help Center or asking a question in the Community
See if someone else has already answered your question by searching the Zendesk Help Center or ask a question using one of these options:
- Ask Zendesk experts for help by posting in the Community. For more information, check this video: Zendesk Community 101.
- Comment on a specific article to get help from Zendesk experts. For instructions, see How to comment on an article or post.
Option 2: Contacting Zendesk Customer Support from within your product
Zendesk recommends signing in to your account when you need help to know who you are and to avoid asking identifying questions. Sign in to any of your Zendesk products and use the steps below to find help.
- Click your profile avatar in the upper right-hand corner of any product.
- Click Get help. If omnichannel routing is activated, click Help > Get help.
You'll be greeted by Z Bot, a chatbot that can answer many of your questions about Zendesk instantly. For best results, ask Z Bot a question or describe your issue in a complete sentence. The Z Bot will provide you with links to relevant help or training materials or with step-by-step guidance. If you read through Z Bot’s guidance and still need help, click No, I still need help to begin connecting with an agent.
If you’d like to connect with a person at any point in a conversation, do so using these instructions:
- To connect with a support agent, say "talk to agent."
- To connect with your account representative, say "talk to sales."
Z Bot will ask you a few questions to help route your conversation to the right person.
Don’t worry about getting disconnected. With persistent conversations, you can leave and remain confident that you can pick it up again later or get an email notification when a response has been provided.
There are two ways to locate conversations you have previously had with Zendesk Customer Support.
Option 3: Contacting Zendesk when your account is unavailable or during an incident
If you can’t access your account, visit the Zendesk Help Center and use the widget to contact Zendesk Customer Support. If you ask to talk to an agent, Z Bot will provide instructions for verifying your identity without needing to log in to your own Zendesk instance.
In the unlikely event that the help center is also unavailable, visit the status page for the next steps.
If you're having technical issues connecting over messaging due to a Zendesk outage, degradation of the system, or performance issues, a new widget will display the message Unable to connect to Z Bot.
To contact Zendesk Customer Support during these times
- In the widget, click Go to Web Form. The link will open a form that is temporarily available to receive your requests while the service remains down.
- Fill in all the required fields in the form:
- Your email address is the email used to sign in to your account.
- Question Type, the department you want to talk to.
- Subject, the subject for your ticket.
- Description, the detailed description of your issue or question.
- Business Impact (optional), the level of urgency of your query. For more details, see Zendesk's best practices for assessing business impact.
- Product Area (optional), the topic of your request.
- Attachments (optional), any attachment you may want to add to your request.
- Select Submit.
The form will create a ticket and an agent will get back to you by email. This ticket won't appear in your current or previous conversations in the widget, but you can view it under My Activities.