Why can I not use Google Groups as a support address?
Setting up Google Groups as a support address requires a Google Workspace administrator and a Zendesk Support administrator account.
To set up within the G Suite admin console
- Navigate to the Google Workspace Admin Console, while logged in as Admin > click More controls. Next, click the Google Groups icon at the bottom of the page.
- Select the group or email that you are adding as a support address, click Manage users info.
- Remove all users, if there are any. Next, add your default support system address as the sole member, email@example.com.
- Remove the footer by going to Group Settings > under Settings, click Email options > unselect the Email footer option.
- In Basic Permissions, make sure that the setting POST is set to Public.
To add the email as a support address within Zendesk Support
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Email.
- Click Add Address.
- Select Connect other. This option circumvents a SMTP check that standard emails go through.
If you added the support address prior to setting up the forwarding, click Retry under the support address to resend the verification email.
For more information about setting up a support address, see the article: Adding support addresses for users to submit tickets.