The following is a quick list of issues we're aware of in the current multibrand offering.
Some of these are fixes that are underway, others will require significant effort before they can be brought to the product, but everything here is something you can consider "planned" in general. Specifics might be debatable.
- Channels - Currently, live chat does not support multiple brands.
Ticket forms - At present your ticket forms all are served to every help center. We will need to create branded ticket forms in the future.This was released in May 2016.
- Multiple email templates - Accounts have a single email template. Although you can create multiple triggers, each sending a varying email to customers based on the brand of the ticket, the template is fixed and needs to remain somewhat generic.
- Remote auth and single sign on - Each help center will redirect users to the same single sign in protocol and database. This is a side effect of the fact that users are per account, not per brand.
Agent signatures - There is only one signature per agent. If you would normally put things like branded phone numbers or email addresses in your signature, for now you need to leave those out.This was released in August of 2016.
- Agent permissions - All agents have access to all brands. This is by design, but we're aware there are those of you who have more complex agent pools who don't serve all brands and we'd like to address that in a future release.
End user viewing permissions - Help Center content that has not been restricted using User Segments to limit viewing permissions is viewable by anonymous users. User Segments can be used to restrict article viewing permissions to for signed-in usersd. User segments currently restrict whole sections, but viewing permissions is being migrated to the article level for end of Q3 2018. After this, viewing permissions will be set on an article-by-article basis.View Permissions for Help Center was released in December 2020.
- End user brand identities - There's no way now to segment users for customer lists based on user identity. We'd like to track which of your users has interacted with which of your brands and give you that information in the agent UI.
- User Segments - There is currently a limit of 200 User Segments per account, and there is no additional allotment for accounts with more than one Help Center.
- Content management - Each Help Center is separate, but multi-brand can be used to support multiple brands using content from a single knowledge base. If you create separate help centers, the content is also separated.
- Zopim channel branding - Tickets created through Zopim are not currently aware of Zendesk brand. Again, we intend to correct that in the future.