What are the acceptable phone number formats to use with Sell Voice? How should I add a phone number to a lead or contact?
The formatting rules described in this article apply when adding a phone number to a record in Sell or adding your own number to your Voice and Text settings.
- Follow the standard writing format of a plus sign (+), country code, area code (if applicable), and phone number for all numbers you add to your account.
- US phone numbers should include a +1 country code and a three-digit area code (for example, "222") in front of the remaining seven digits (for example, "3333333"). For example, +12223333333.
- Non-US numbers should format the number with a plus sign (+), the country code, and then the rest of the digits in the phone number. For more information, follow the internationally standardized E.164 format.
- Do not include parentheses or other characters such as brackets, hyphens, or spaces in the phone number field (except the plus sign (+)).
- Do not add a zero in front of the country code or the number itself as Sell does not accept "0" as the first digit of a number, and any call made with such a number will fail.
- Add extensions to a phone number in a separate custom field for you to reference when dialing the phone number.
When you enable Voice in your account, select a Default country code that Sell should try and use when placing outbound calls without a specified country code.
For more information, see the article: Formatting International Phone Numbers.