You can transfer Talk calls to a group, another agent, or an external number. When you transfer a call to a group, the call is added to the queue for that group until an agent from the group answers it. When you transfer a call directly to an agent, you can consult with the other agent before handing off the call.
Note: You cannot transfer calls with Talk Legacy plans. To transfer calls, upgrade to a Talk Team plan or higher.
With all types of transfers, the call's existing ticket opens automatically when the next agent takes the call.
Note: To transfer calls, at least one phone number must have outbound calling enabled. This setting is enabled by default.To transfer a call
- After you answer a call or make an outbound call, the associated ticket automatically opens. Click the transfer button from the ticket or the call console. The customer is placed on hold and hears the hold greeting.
- Start typing the agent, group, or end user's name or phone number. The search will automatically suggest five results to choose from. If the agent or group you're looking for does not appear within the list of suggestions, type out the full agent or group name. To force an exact string match when searching the full name, enclose the name in quotes ("").
- Click the agent or group's name to transfer a call. The list displays the state for each agent.
If transferring to another agent: You'll first be connected to the agent while the caller remains on hold. When you've finished consulting with the agent, click Transfer.
If transferring to an external number: You'll need to dial the number, including the country code. When the receiver is picking up, the Transfer option appears. You can then introduce your caller to the receiver, and click Transfer.Note: If an agent tries to transfer the call to an external number from a number that does not have outbound calling enabled, the call transfer will be initiated from the phone number selected in the outbound caller ID of the agent transferring the call as shown in their call console.
- The message The call has been transferred successfully appears in the window. At this point, the related ticket is also assigned to the other agent and a note is made in the ticket to indicate that the call was transferred. Click Close.
Note: When you transfer a call, call charges continue to be applied to both the incoming call and the outgoing call.
hi, i'd love to source a creative solution to a Transfer to Group issue we're having. this issue is taking place between transferring from our subscription team to our gen support team.
Hi. For our business, it is important that we can call conference with another party (3 way conversations) - eg. interpreters, carers etc.. Is there going to be some development on Talk to take into account this requirement?
Hi, We are having trouble transferring calls to people outside of Support but in Zendesk through Sell. Is there a way to transfer calls to those groups of people
Why can't we consult when transferring to a group?
1. We like to consult, it is polite and good etiquette.
2. If they don't answer, call may be abandoned when we could potentially try someone else.
This is poor functionality.
Is there going to be an option to 'cold transfer' added? Consulting is good, but if a customer needs to leave a message for a teammate who is not at their phone right now it's a weird process. You have to initiate transferring to the line, waiting for the voicemail to pick up, going back to the customer, and transferring them hopefully before the voicemail message starts recording. If we can just cold transfer that would be great.
Also, the search for numbers function is slow and does not update quick enough. Example: A co-worker ends a call and marks themselves as available. I receive a call from a customer requesting to transfer to my co-worker. I cannot transfer right away because the system still shows them as 'away', and doesn't update for up to a few minutes. By that time another call has come in that the co-worker needs to take. Very frustrating.
Hi Rob, I don't know of any current plans to add this functionality, but I encourage you to add this to our feedback page for voice. This gives the product team valuable feedback and allows other customers to vote for it. Thanks!
Transferring a call during an outbound conversation is possible. You just need to make sure that you have at least a Talk Team plan or higher for you to be able to transfer the calls.
If you still need further assistance, you may raise a ticket using the steps in our documentation Contacting Zendesk Customer Support so we can assist you further.
Have a great day!
Our transfer interface does not match the described process and screenshots. Here are a few examples:
Is there something in our settings that may be affecting this?
Can someone clarify the note at the bottom of the article about charges for transfers please?
Is this only for warm transfers to external numbers and does it end when the agent clicks transfer?
When a call comes in the inbound leg is charged, an outbound call is made to transfer and there is then another charge for the outbound call leg. There is double charging for the duration of the call.
This also applies if you transfer the call to an external number, you will be charged for the duration of that call due to the call made through Zendesk and the caller ID that appears on the recipient originating from Zendesk Talk. It forwards by keeping 2 calls active, the one to Zendesk and the other to the third party.
Hope this clarifies.
Christine Felicia thank you. Just to be clear:
1) do you mean it applies to ALL transfers (i.e. internal to agent, internal to group, external number)
2) when you say it is for the duration of the call, do you mean the double charge continues until the call ends even if the originating agent ends their leg before the call ends?
Correct. The charges applies to both internal (to agent and to group) and external transfer (external number).
Yes, the charge for transfer calls (external) continue even after the transfer, the duration is still counted until the end of the call.
Please sign in to leave a comment.