Is there a type of report I can create to pull the email address of everyone who sent us a question?
You can report on the email address of a user by using attributes such as Requester email or Submitter email. See more Support metrics and attributes in this article: Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Support.
If you just want to have a list of the domains your customers are contacting you from, it is possible to retrieve that information by getting creating two standard calculated metrics and a standard calculated attribute.
Warning: If your Explore account is not in English, copying and pasting this formula results in a syntax error. See the article for more details: How can I convert formulas from English into another language?
To create a report that lists the domains of the users
- In Explore, click the report ( ) icon.
- In the reports library, click New report.
- Choose the dataset containing the information you want to use in your report.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure; in this case, the number of tickets created. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Users and organizations > Users, then click Apply.
- Create the attribute with the formula below and name it Requester email domain.
- Under Rows, click Add. From the list of attributes, choose Calculated attributes > Requester email domain.
- Under Filters, click Add and select a time filter you want to use. In this example, the Requester created - Date was selected.
- Lastly, go to the Result manipulations > Sort and choose the Value descending option from the list.
I'm using this report and it works great except that drillthrough does not seem to be working. When I select the number (5) of users for one of the clients, then try to use drillthrough, it pulls all of the clients in the report instead of just the 5 for the relevant client selected.
As of the moment, calculated metrics and attributes are currently not supported in using the Drillthrough interaction. You can check on the article Using drillthrough to refine your results for more information.
I highly recommend upvoting this Feature Request: Add calculated attributes to Drill-Through.
Hope this helps! Cheers! :)
I've tried using these steps to create a query to show a COUNT of tickets sent by each domain on our Zendesk Instance.
However, this always hits the 50,000 rows error and therefore I don't get a full count of tickets per domain. We've close to 200,000 tickets on our instance currently so it seems it has to calculate the first 50,000 tickets before it can apply the filter.
Is there a way around this? We don't have Organisation domains set up since we have multiple Organisation Sites that use the same domain.
I struggled a bit with the above advice. I ended up making a Calculated Attribute for our needs with the below formula, which appears to be working well.
Really feels like something Zendesk should have out of the box. We didn't want to bother setting up Organization Names for all of our users, since that is a lot of manual ongoing effort.
The better formula for the Email client attribute is simply:
Please sign in to leave a comment.