Why do I see a Recording not available message in my recordings?
There are different reasons for this message to show up in your call tickets depending on whether you are using Zendesk Talk or the Zendesk Talk Partner Edition.
For customers with Talk:
- The recording is too short. If the duration of the recording is so short that the recording is interpreted as 0 bytes, no recording is available.
- The recording is silent and there is no audio or a person's voice.
- The recording was manually deleted. For more information on this, see the article: Managing call recording options in Talk.
- The Talk subscription associated with the Zendesk account is not active. To resolve the issue, activate a Talk plan in your Zendesk account.
- There is no information captured on the call. If the customer or the agent ends the call prior to leaving a voicemail or speaking in any capacity, no recording is available.
- If you disabled call recordings for a certain number, no recording is available.
- The recording was not able to be added to the ticket because the ticket is closed before the recording was available. When a ticket is closed no further updates can be made to the ticket, so the recording was not able to be added onto the ticket. If this was the case it would be best to review your business rules, as you may be closing the ticket too quickly.
- The recording was not able to be added to the ticket because the agent who answered the call transferred it to a group that they weren't in and then the call went to voicemail of a group they do not have access to. Since the agent didn't have permission to comment on tickets the voice comment failed to add the recording.
For customers with Talk Partner Edition:
- The recording is no longer available where it was originally hosted. Zendesk does not store the actual recording file for Talk Partner Edition calls. Zendesk stores a link to the audio file. The audio file must be in MP3 or WAV format. For more information, see the article: Adding a recording or transcript to an existing ticket.
- You do not have permission to access the recordings in your voice provider platform.
- Your Zendesk account is not active with your voice provider.