With Explore, you can add live data to your dashboards with live data widgets which update in near real-time. In this article, you'll learn how to incorporate live data into your own dashboards.
This article contains the following sections:
Understanding live data widgets
Live data widgets build on the report widgets you already use to enable you to add live data to your Explore Enterprise dashboards. Explore Enterprise includes live data widgets for Zendesk Support, Chat, Talk, and Messaging. For a list of these, see Live data widgets for Explore dashboards. Additionally, you can use live data filter widgets to enable your users to restrict and filter the live data (for example, by group).
Additionally, you can combine live data widgets, report widgets, and any other dashboard widget on the same dashboard. For a great example of how you can use live data, see Overview of the Explore live dashboard.
Adding and configuring live data widgets
You add live data to a dashboard in the same way you add any other widget (see Adding and arranging dashboard widgets).
To add live data widgets to a dashboard
- In Explore Enterprise, create or open a dashboard. For help, see Creating dashboards.
- With the dashboard in Edit mode, click Add > Add live data.
- On the Add live data page, choose the live data widgets you want to add, then click Add live data. The live data widgets you selected are added to the dashboard.
After you've added your live data widgets, you can move them to the position you want on the dashboard.
Adding live data filters to your dashboards
Explore Enterprise provides a number of pre-built filters you can use on your dashboard to refine the information presented by live data widgets. Live data filters affect all relevant live data widgets. For example, if you add the Support - Ticket group live data filter, any live data widgets that refer to tickets will be filtered by the ticket group you choose.
To add a live data filter
- In Explore Enterprise, open a dashboard that contains at least one live data widget. For help, see Creating dashboards.
- With the dashboard in Edit mode, click Add > Add live data filter.
- On the Add live data filters page, choose the live data filter widgets you want to add. You can add up to 100 live data widgets and filters to a dashboard.
- When you are finished, click Add filters. The live data filter widgets you selected are added to the dashboard.
After you've added your live data filter widgets, you can move them to the position you want on the dashboard.
When somebody views your dashboard, they can click the live data filter and choose a value to restrict the results.