Can I add additional ticket type options?
The default type field can't be modified because it is a system field. There are four values for ticket type:
Because it's not a required ticket field, you can leave it blank.
If you prefer, you can create your own custom dropdown field with more values for ticket type. You can then use this custom ticket field instead of the native ticket field.
To implement this solution
- In Admin Center, click Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Tickets > Fields.
- Hover over the Type field, then click the options menu icon () and select Deactivate. For information on the consequences of deactivating a ticket field, see this article: Understanding how creating, deactivating, or deleting ticket fields impacts tickets.
- Add a new field and select Drop-down as the field type.
- Enter a name under Display name.
- Under Field values, add the custom values for your own type field.
- Select Save.
For a guide on creating custom ticket fields, see the article: Adding custom fields to your tickets and support request form.