If your company closes for a holiday, you might want to change the notification you send to customers. This article will cover the steps to set up a holiday notification trigger.
To create this trigger, you need to set up a schedule for your Zendesk account that includes holidays. For more information, see the article: Setting your schedule with business hours and holidays.
To notify customers of your company holiday, first edit the default "Notify requester and CCs of received request" trigger, then add a new holiday trigger. This section will show you how to perform these steps.
- Modifying the Notify requester and CCs of received request default trigger
- Creating a holiday notification trigger
Modifying the Notify requester and CCs of received request default trigger
Before creating your holiday notification trigger, edit the default "Notify requester of received request" trigger to prevent notifications from being sent on a holiday. If you do not edit the default trigger, your customers will receive two notifications.
To edit your default Notify requester and CCs of received request trigger
- In Admin Center, click Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Business rules > Triggers.
- Select the default Notify requester and CCs of received request trigger and add the following condition.
- On a holiday? Is No
- Click Save.
Creating a holiday notification trigger
After you have edited the default Notify requester and CCs of received request trigger, you can then create your trigger to notify customers you are on a holiday. You will use the cloned version of the edited default Notify requester and CCs of received request trigger described above.
- On the Triggers page, click the Notify requester of received request Options menu icon (), then select Clone.
- Open the cloned trigger.
- Alter the trigger name to something similar to "Notify requester and CCs of received request-Holiday".
- Change the On a holiday? condition value to Yes.
- In the Action section, edit the email body of the notification to include your holiday message.
- Click Save