Zendesk Support is a web-based SaaS (software as a service) application that runs in a web browser.
Before you use Support, make sure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system (Windows or macOS). See Microsoft or Apple's website for the requirements.
Zendesk Support is tested with the following web browsers running in Windows or macOS. Your browser must be a stable release version; not an alpha, beta, nightly, or development build. This applies to all browsers, regardless of operating system.
To use Insights/GoodData, you must have at least 1GB or more of RAM available and the ability to support all of the user interface browsers listed below. For a full list of GoodData requirements see, GoodData system requirements.
For the agent and administrator user interface:
- Google Chrome: latest two versions
- Mozilla Firefox: latest two versions
- Apple Safari: latest two versions
- Microsoft Edge: latest two versions
- Cookies must be enabled
- Local storage must be enabled
- TLS v1.2 or above
Some popular, industry-standard browsers restrict how cookies are recognized and used. For more information, see Zendesk support for cookie-restricted browsers (Safari, Chrome).
For the mobile apps:
- Zendesk Support for iPhone: iOS 11.0 and higher
- Zendesk Support for Android: Android 4.4 and higher
- Zendesk for iPad: iOS 8.0 and higher
For Web Widget end user pages:
- Zendesk Talk has the same requirements as Zendesk Support. See Setting up your Zendesk browser or phone to take calls for details.
For Zendesk Chat
For Zendesk Explore
- Zendesk Explore has the same requirements as Zendesk Support. For more details, see Browsers supported by Explore.
For Zendesk Sell
If Google Chrome provides the best performance when running Zendesk, would it be recommended to use a Chromebook to use Zendesk?
It does make sure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system (Windows or macOS), but what about ChromeOS?
Zendesk's software has been tested and guaranteed to run on the browsers and OS platforms referenced in this article. Chromebooks run a Linux-based version of Chromium as compared to Chrome which was built for standard PC/Mac OS platforms. We can confidently say that Zendesk will work in Chromium on ChromeOS, but technically it is not a supported platform.
I hope this answers your inquiry. Thank you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.