This is part 3 of the Overview of incident management at Zendesk. This guide contains the following parts:
- Part 1: How Zendesk service issues become service incidents
- Part 2: How Zendesk manages service incidents
- Part 3: Monitoring a public Zendesk service incident (this article)
- Part 4: Post resolution incident analysis and reporting
In this article, part 3, you'll learn how to stay up to date through key communication channels.
As an incident gets resolved at Zendesk, customers are able to access information about incidents through a series of different channels.
- Check the system status page. Real-time information about public Zendesk service incidents can be found by checking the System Status Page using your account subdomain.
- Enable email notifications for service incidents. To help you monitor your account status, admins and agents can choose to receive emails when a service incident affects your account by subscribing to incident email notifications. You can subscribe directly from the Zendesk status page or from your Support account. The Subscribing to status notifications for your account Help Center article provides more detailed information about how customers can track and monitor Zendesk service incidents.
- Connect to the Zendesk component status API. Customers that utilize Zendesk APIs in their customer service solutions can automate their access to the status of those components by connecting to the Zendesk component status API.
Here is an example of what the System Status Page contains:
Zendesk System Status Page
This completes Part 3, Monitoring a public service incident, of the Overview of incident management at Zendesk.
If you'd like to learn more, you can move on to the next part of this guide: Part 4: Post resolution incident analysis and reporting.