About the smart list
Smart list name: Deals closing this month
Sell section: Deals
Suggested user level: Sell user or manager
Description: In certain periods of the year, sales teams must reprioritize their attention on deals that are more likely to close, so that they can hit their targets and sales goals. Many times, salespeople and their managers will want to find deals that have a higher chance of closing in a given time period. This report is intended for those end of the month or quarter sprints. The smart list relies on the Estimated Close Date and Win Likelihood fields to quickly find relevant deals and the Day Since Last Communication field to understand progress levels. Create this smart list for personal use, or a Sell admin can create this smart list as a template for other managers on the account to add to their instance and monitor deals near the end of the pipeline.
How to create the report in Sell
Use the following steps to create the smart list in Sell.
- In Sell, click the Deals icon () in the sidebar.
- Create a new smart list in the deals Working Center of your account.
Tip: Admins can create smart list templates for other users to add to their account by creating the report in their smart list template settings.
- Click + Field to add the following columns:
- Deal Name
- Win Likelihood: Add a filter to display deals with a higher win likelihood percentage and therefore more likely to close.
- Estimated Close Date: Add a filter to display only deals predicted to close This month or This quarter.
- Pipeline Stage: Add a filter to display only active deals or only deals in your final stages of the pipeline.
- Ownership: Add a filter to display only deals owned by you, or if you are a sales manager, display deals owned by multiple users on your team.
- Deal Score: Add a filter to display deals with a higher deal score.
- Other fields to consider adding to maintain scheduled contact with key stakeholders of each deal:
- Days Since Last Communication
- Next Task
- Add any additional custom field or tag columns to further filter your list.
- Name your smart list and click Save.
For more information, see the articles: