How do I know when an email will appear on a deal? Should my emails with an associated contact appear on a deal?
- If you send an email from the associated contact's page, the email conversation will sync to all active deals of the associated contact.
- Sending an email from a specific deal's page ensures the email will appear on that deal. The email conversation will also sync to all other deals associated with the Primary Contact listed on that deal.
- Send an email outside of Sell and the email integration will sync the conversation to all active deals of the contact.
Associated contact qualities
- If you are emailing a person who is an associated contact on many active deals, the email conversation will appear on all active deals.
- If an associated contact is added to a deal in the middle of the sales cycle, only new email conversations with this person will sync to the deal. Historical email conversations, which are sent before the associated contact was added to the deal, will not be added to the deal and will remain visible on the contact page only.
- If a deal is in an active stage, email conversations sent to associated contacts will appear on the deal.
- If a deal is in a closed stage, email conversations with the associated contacts will no longer sync to the deal.
To remove a contact's message from a deal, click into an email message and open the Options menu () on the right side of the message. Select Remove from deal. This action does not prevent future emails from the contact from threading to the same deal.
For more information on the Global email visibility setting, see the article: Sharing email conversations with your team.
For more information on email visibility, see the article: Sharing email conversations with your team.